About the Editor – Meet Josephine Woytas

Uncategorized

It’s a new semester with the War Hawk Herald and with the graduation of our previous editor, Jorge Ambacher, a new editor is taking over. Hi, my name is Josephine Woytas and I will be the student editor for the 2020-2021 school year. I am a senior political science and history major from Tulsa, Oklahoma. I am also captain of the cheer team, one of the student directors of orientation, a member of Gamma Sigma, and a part of the Honors program. After graduation from McMurry, I plan on attending law school with a focus on international law. I have been writing for the War Hawk Herald since my freshman year and I have learned quite a bit about the paper and McMurry in doing that. 

Jorge left some pretty big shoes to fill and I hope I can build upon the foundation he has left for me. I have several goals for the Herald this year, the first being to produce high quality, informative pieces about what matters to the McMurry community. Second, I want to build a solid base of student writers that are plugged into a variety of activities on campus. My third goal is for the Herald to reach people – even if only five people read my articles – I want to touch or inform the people of McMurry, if even just a little bit. 

As a writer, some of my favorite articles have been about War Hawk athletics, getting to go to games and matches and talk to McMurry’s athletes. While things are changing this year because of Covid-19, I want to assure readers that I and all of the writers will be doing our best to produce quality material about what is going on around campus and what is important to the students and community. I want to encourage everyone to reach out to me if there are specific events or instances you as the reader want to hear about. 

Wishing you all a happy and healthy semester,

Josephine Woytas