Editor’s Introduction

Uncategorized

Hey, War Hawks! My name is Josephine Woytas, and I have the privilege of being the  student editor of the War Hawk Herald for this upcoming year. I am a senior history and political science major, with plans to attend law school after I graduate from McMurry. I have been a writer for the War Hawk Herald for three years now, and I am thrilled to be making the transition from writer to editor.

Outside of writing, I am a captain on the McMurry cheer team, active with Model UN, and a member of Gamma Sigma. If I am not on campus, you might find me working a shift at Showcones or fueling my coffee addiction at Monk’s. I am originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma and now that I live in Texas, I could not love the Lone Star State more. I am also a co-director for orientation, and you can always find me at any school event I can attend.

I have always loved writing; in fact, when I was a kid, I tried to write my own dictionary (true story), and to be able to pursue that love for writing in college is a dream come true.

My goal for the War Hawk Herald this year is to make this a newspaper for the people. Our former editor, Jorge Ambacher, has helped us move to an easily accessible online format. In the coming year, I want to hear from you—the readers—about what you want us to write about. This is a newspaper written by students for students, and people of the McMurry community.

We want to know what you care about. I also want to create social media platforms for the War Hawk Herald so we can keep everyone up to date and in contact with us. As we move into the year ahead, I am excited to share with you all news McMurry and build the Herald to bigger and brighter things. I cannot wait for you all to see what we have in store for next year.